SLHS Athletic Code of Conduct
Athletic Code of Conduct
Any violation of conditions contained in the South Lake Schools discipline code will take precedence over Athletic Department policies and procedures for dismissal and suspension of athletes. Athletes in the locker room, on the field, traveling to and from contests, or on school grounds are subject to the Athletic Code of Conduct. Suspension will exclude an athlete from competing in interscholastic contests for a specific length of time or until a specific set of conditions have been fulfilled.
An athlete will be suspended from an athletic team for the following reasons:
- Use or possession of tobacco products.
- Suspension from school.
- Insubordination of the athlete toward the coach.
- Destruction of athletic equipment or school property.
- Unsportsmanlike conduct before, during, or after an athletic contest.
- Conduct, which is determined by the coach, athletic director, or principal to be detrimental to the South Lake Athletic Program.
Duration of Suspension
- A first offense will result in a one (1) game suspension and notification sent to the parents.
- A second offense will result in a three (3) game suspension and notification sent to the parents.
- A third offense will result in the athlete’s dismissal from the team.
The use or possession of alcohol, drugs, steroids or performance enhancing substances during the season will result in the following reprimands:
- A first offense will result in suspension of not less than 1/3 of the season. The coach, athletic director, and the principal will determine the length of the first suspension.
- A second offense will result in a permanent dismissal from the team.
Hearing and Appeal Procedures
- The coach will inform the athlete of the violation.
- The coach will notify the athletic director.
- The athletic director will notify the parents in writing of the suspension.
- Appeals of suspension should be directed in writing to the principal within two (2) days of notification.